Magtrol Inc., an ISO-certified company, is a leading manufacturer of Motor Test Instrumentation & Electromagnetic Devices, is seeking a SolidWorks CAD Designer / Drafter. Applicant will work with and support the mechanical engineering department.
The Designer / Drafter is primarily responsible for preparing detailed mechanical drawings of components, sub-assemblies, installation drawings, and test fixtures using SolidWorks. This position requires good communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
Candidates for this position will ideally have an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Technology or equivalent.
Job responsibilities and requirements:
- The development of detail drawings for manufacturing with technical inputs from senior designers.
- Modifying existing drawings in accordance with a structured “Engineering Change Order” procedure.
- Assisting in making prints and distributing to various departments.
- Creation of part numbers and maintaining bills of material in the MRP system.
- Other technical duties as assigned.
Prior experience with any of the following would enhance the candidate’s chances for selection:
- Geometric tolerance knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of calculations related to fit and interference is a plus.
- Mechanical and or electromechanical experience a plus.
Seeking a high-performer looking for a position where industriousness will be recognized and rewarded.
Magtrol offers an attractive compensation package in addition to a comprehensive benefits program including health insurance, 401(k) plan with matching, paid vacation, sick & personal time, education reimbursement, disability insurance, life insurance. Salary is commensurate with experience. Location: Buffalo, NY
Please send resumes to: